We are delighted to announce Sidiki Dembélé will be performing with members of Irelands own West African music group Manden Express in the all new Sidiki Dembélé Sextet. This show is being put together especially for the festival and will feature a rare cross-over between some of the best homegrown and international specialists from the fields of Jazz and traditional African music.
Article published in Think Africa Press.
The Malian Griot in the Modern Era
As a big fan of Malian music, it is always a pleasure to have an opportunity to meet one of the greats. I have always been humbled by their approachability and the everyday things that they want to talk about, if given the chance. In this sense Bassekou Kouyate was no different. As he lay back in the cupped jazz club style seating of the Sugar Club in Dublin, I greeted him with my one and only Fulani word, ‘Jarama’, to which he replied in a stream of Fula. Read more
When Wednesday, 23 January 2013, 6.30 – 7.30 pm
Where National Concert Hall, Carolan Room
Admission Free, but please RSVP by contacting [email protected]
Organised by Paul McElhatton, this fascinating panel discussion seeks to expand on the Waltons World Masters – Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars performance by exploring some of the contemporary issues that shape the social and political commentary of their music. The panel brings together a group of journalists, academics, charities and Sierra Leoneans resident in Ireland. Read more
Latest Blog Posts
- The benefits of group drumming for Team BuildingNovember 30, 2020 - 1:45 pm
- Fun Virtual Team Building EventsMay 12, 2020 - 1:47 pm
- African Drumming – November WorkshopsOctober 28, 2018 - 10:51 am
- Djembe Technique – Posture, sounds and exercises to improve your djembe playingSeptember 13, 2018 - 1:45 pm
- African Drumming Courses – Beginner/Intermediate – 26 Sept 2018August 28, 2018 - 12:57 pm